Welcome to INC - IAH India
(Indian Chapter of International Association of Hydrogeologist
International Association of Hydro geologists (IAH) was established in 1956 to promote cooperation, to advance the science of hydrogeology worldwide and to facilitate the international exchange of information on groundwater.
IAH’s membership includes about 4,000 members representing 135 countries. IAH has 43 country chapters, including the Indian National Committee (INC).
The Indian National Committee of IAH (INC-IAH) was established in 1984 and during its journey of the last 30 years sincere efforts have been made to enhance the activities and strengthen the INC-IAH. INC-IAH also provides a valuable forum for scientists and engineers working in the fields of hydrogeology and groundwater resource planning, management, and protection who have a broad interest in and an international perspective on groundwater resources and hydrogeological issues.
The IAH (international organization) has the following major activities:
· Publish the Hydrogeology Journal (sent to members eight times per year), memoirs in the series International Contributions to Hydrogeology, a newsletter and other membership information.
· Promote international cooperation among hydrogeologists and those from other disciplines who have an interest in groundwater.
· Sponsor international meetings and symposia, including an annual Congress.
· Encourage the worldwide application of hydrogeological skills through educational and technological transfer programs.
· Cooperate with national and international scientific organizations that have interest in groundwater.
Please explore our site and feel free to contact any of the INC-IAH Executive if you have questions.